Business Continuity During The Lock Down Copy
Dr. Mohamad Salmi Bin Mohd Sohod, Malaysian, graduated with Bachelor of Science in Manufacturing, Master of Science in Manufacturing/Industrial Management from Western Michigan University, United States of America and PhD (Management), University of Bradford, United Kingdom. Currently he sits on the Board of Governors of University of Cyberjaya (UoC) and also Asia Metropolitan University (AMU).
Malaysia officially implemented the movement control order measure. General prohibition of mass movements and gatherings across the country including religious, sports, social and cultural activities. To enforce this prohibition, all houses of worship and business premises should be closed,
except for supermarkets, public markets, grocery stores and convenience stores selling everyday necessities.
- Where is the position of our organization and us?
- If our organization NOT CRITICAL now, will it be CRITICAL after the pandemic is over?
- If we are not IMPORTANT now, will we be IMPORTANT after the pandemic?
- Is the question of Continuity or Business Continuity relevant after the pandemic?
Key Points – Business Continuity
What can you offer your organization to ensure continuity and
- You can offer your multi- skills to be optimized.
- You will take the extra mile in promoting, advertising and marketing your organization product and services.
- You want to be a team player that fit into the new organizational and business strategies.
Business continuity plan will need to incorporate:
- Government policies and direction.
- Association of industries and major player concern
- Consumer demand and community expectation
Question and Answer
Q: Diversity in business something serious to explore?
A: Having multiple product for an organization with limited resources not recommended.
Q: What are the organization support for employee?
A: Organization shall share the objective of lockdown to the employee to prepare them to face the
challenges and move on with their tasks accordingly.