Home | Forums MBA Strategic Human Resource Management Discussion Forum Reply To: MBA Strategic Human Resource Management Discussion Forum

• Raj Anand A/L Gobi

February 14, 2022 at 7:43 am

Ideally, I will manage my temper and wait until I’m calm enough to deliver more measured feedback. In a realistic environment we can`t expect certain someone to be open to criticism when we immediately put them in the defensive circumstances. I would prefer a private one to one method to deliver the feedback, not point fingers in public. Will try to address the problem, not any personal frustrations by offering some specific suggestions to help the individual solve the problem. The major part is to wisely sentence our words carefully to avoid any demoralizing. Also, the perfect way for the conversation to take place is by keeping an open mind and give you’re the other party an opportunity to explain their side of the story. The objective is to make sure that the issue at hand is swiftly rectified. Hence, from my perspective giving feedback which the focus is on the fix is rather seamless in the context of delivering feedback. Knowing how and when to provide criticism is an important managerial skill, but don’t turn into a leader who comments only when employees slip up. Consistently offering kudos for jobs well done and recognizing improvements is an excellent way to boost morale and reinforce positive behaviour.