- MemberJanuary 30, 2022 at 5:15 pm
Sampling are people, objects, or items that are taken from a larger population
for measurement in the research.
TYPES OF SAMPLES
• The convenience sample – the research population is chosen out of convenience from a
population for observation e.g. recruiting patients with a particular illness from support groups.
• Purposeful sample – A sample collected from information rich cases for in-depth study. The size
and specific cases depend on the study purpose.
Types of Purposeful sampling are Extreme and deviant case sampling, Intensity Sampling, Homogenous sampling, Typical case sampling, Stratified purposeful sampling, Snowball or chain sampling, Theory based sampling ,Opportunistic sampling, Convenience sampling.
• The judgement sample – The research population is obtained according to the discretion of
someone who is familiar with the research populations relevant characteristics.
• The random sample – A sample chosen at random from the research population using a
Types of random samples are Simple random sample, systematic random sample, stratified sample and cluster sample.
- This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by Kubendren Kathiravaloo.