Home | Forums MBA Strategic Human Resource Management Discussion Forum Reply To: MBA Strategic Human Resource Management Discussion Forum

• Arivalagan Mathyvanan

January 10, 2022 at 1:58 am

Complete the Keirsey Temperament Sorter. What did you learn about yourself?

I have completed the Keirsey Temperament Sorter and the result shows that I am a Guardian is logistical and a natural leader, much like the best boss you’ve ever had. Guardians are natural born rule-followers and driven by factors like reliability, service, and respectability. The four types of Guardian are the Supervisor, the Inspector, the Provider, and the Protector.

I think I am the Protector make up as much as ten percent the population, because their primary interest is in the safety and security of those they care about – their family, their circle of friends, their students, their patients, their boss, their fellow-workers, or their employees. Protectors have an extraordinary sense of loyalty and responsibility in their makeup, and seem fulfilled in the degree they can shield others from the dirt and dangers of the world.

How could the instrument you completed be useful for employee development?

This instrument helps in employee hiring and development in analyzing the traits of the employee.
    For small businesses trying to fill key positions, here is the process I would recommend. You probably have several meetings as part of your interview process. During the next-to-last meeting (when you have narrowed the field), ask your applicants to complete this personality survey (either using hard-copy or via computer). Before taking the survey, I advise having each applicant sign an agreement covering the following: the applicant understands the purpose of this survey is to provide areas for discussion if the applicant is invited back for the final round of interviews; the applicant also agrees to allow the interviewer to have a copy of the report; while the reviewer agrees it will be kept in strictest confidence and will not be used as a basis for cutting the applicant from the next round of interviews.

What might be some disadvantages of using this instrument?

The disadvantage of this instrument will be it’s a messy and inaccurate. A major flaw of Keirsey’s Temperaments comes from inaccuracy in generalizing each of the 4 types in a temperament to having certain traits in common. The continuous questions might cause confusion on the person taking the survey as it is time consuming.