Home | Forums MBA Business Research Methods Discussion Forum Reply To: MBA Business Research Methods Discussion Forum

• Arivalagan Mathyvanan

January 9, 2022 at 3:56 pm

Q5: Define sampling. What is the appropriate sampling could be for your research and why?

Sampling is a process used in statistical analysis in which a predetermined number of observations are taken from a larger population. The methodology used to sample from a larger population depends on the type of analysis being performed, but it may include simple random sampling or systematic sampling.

In market research, sampling refers to gathering information from a sample of people drawn from a given group in order to learn more about that group as a whole. Let’s take a closer look at sampling and review the most common methods of sample used in market research.

Collecting data from a market’s whole population would be costly and time-consuming. As a result, market researchers conduct comprehensive sampling from which marketers can extract information about their target market through meticulous design and analysis.

For my research in my Business Research Method program, I would want to use the Quota Sampling as it is a purposive sampling.
    Quota sampling method is a non-probability sampling and it can be defined as a sampling method of gathering representative data from a group. Application of quota sampling ensures that sample group represents certain characteristics of the population chosen by the researcher.
    It is important for me to use this sampling as I can collect the data in shorter time due to the my course restriction of time, the cost of performing this sampling is reasonable as well. Taking example if I want to run a research of opening up a Tutorial Center in a place, I will break down the audience into four groups and quota sampling will fulfill my required needs here.