Home | › Forums › MBA Strategic Human Resource Management Discussion Forum › Reply To: MBA Strategic Human Resource Management Discussion Forum
- MemberDecember 30, 2021 at 12:56 pm
Internal recruitment refers to the type of recruitment in which the organization fill the job openings and vacant positions in the organization by selecting candidates from the existing workforce.
Following are the merits of internal recruitment:
- The organization hiring internally reduces time to hire candidates as they are already available in the existing workforce and have all the data about the candidate with them.
- The internal recruitment cost very less as the organization doesn’t have to use any external tools and expensive methods to select and hire candidates
- The internal recruitment reduces the onboarding time of the selected candidates as they already know about the company and don’t have to get more onboarding information.
- The internal recruitment process helps the organization to strengthen the employee engagement by giving the employees opportunities to advance their career and grow their skills.
- External recruitment refers to the type of recruitment in which the organization fill the job openings and vacant positions in the organization by finding and selecting candidates through online job portals, recruitment agencies, employee referrals, etc.
Small business looking for hard-working employees will opt for external recruitment and larger companies will go for internal recruitment.
Following are the merits of external recruitment:
- The external recruitment process allows the organization to recruit candidates who have newer and fresher skills and input to share with the organization.
- The external recruitment process helps the organization to recruit candidates which are best for the position and almost perfectly fits the job description.
- The external recruitment process increases the competitive spirit in the organization because of arrival of the new employees.
- The external recruitment process gives the organization to select and hire candidates from a large pool of creative and qualified candidates.
The business strategies which are related to high competition in the market would require internal recruitment because the organization wouldn’t want its internal information and knowledge our of the organization. Internal recruitment can help increase employee engagement and thus, keep the employees passionate and loyal to the organization.
The business strategies which are related to constant change and innovation in the organization or the product would require external recruitment because the candidates are selected from a huge pool of candidates who are creative and innovative helpful to the organization.
An organization might need a firm to decide to switch from internal to external recruitment or vice versa when the organization’s business strategy changes and no longer matches to the recruitment strategy of the organization. The organization might also decide to change the type of recruitment process on the basis of the ineffectiveness of the existing recruitment process.
- This reply was modified 9 months ago by Karen Xaviour.