Home | Forums Leadership and Management Reply To: Leadership and Management

• Stefanie Ng

December 27, 2021 at 10:53 am

Which interviewer do you think you would work best with? Why do you prefer the leadership styles, roles, and traits they demonstrated?

• My preference would be to work with the CFO as my working style is similar to his. For me I can work most efficiently when all are well-organized and planned in detailed ahead of time

• There is not enough information on the CFO to describe his exact leadership style but based on his Military background, he may possess a combination of both Servant leadership as well as Transactional.

Transactional Leadership: Providing clear directions and holding subordinates accountable for their actions. This leadership style is effective in the chain of command work structure. To me this is a productive way to get work done.

Servant Leadership: Extreme dedication to the service of others before themselves. It is effective because leaders embody the characteristics of empathy and acceptance, a sense of community and a calling to serve others.

What combination of leadership style, role, and trait would be best for the following business situations?

1) A company with routine and unskilled job functions.

Autocratic Leadership: Due to lower-level skills job, focus is on greater productivity under leader’s supervision.

2) A company with dangerous job functions (toxic waste handling or heavy equipment operation).

Bureaucratic leadership: Due to higher risk in work environment, leaders need to strictly adhere to the organizational rules and policies. Also, they make sure that the employees/team also strictly follows the rules and procedures.

3) A company preparing to disrupt an existing market with ground-breaking technology.

Transformational Leadership: In an environment that supports innovation, leaders can encourage creativity, adaptability and problem-solving.

4) A company preparing for an IPO.

Transformational Leadership: Employees need to adapt and change their ways of working as a listed company will have a stricter rules and compliance to adhere to, Leaders can inspire and push them to meet their goals.

• This reply was modified 9 months ago by  Stefanie Ng.