- MemberDecember 27, 2021 at 10:53 am
Which interviewer do you think you would work best with? Why do you prefer the leadership styles, roles, and traits they demonstrated?
• My preference would be to work with the CFO as my working style is similar to his. For me I can work most efficiently when all are well-organized and planned in detailed ahead of time
• There is not enough information on the CFO to describe his exact leadership style but based on his Military background, he may possess a combination of both Servant leadership as well as Transactional.
• Transactional Leadership: Providing clear directions and holding subordinates accountable for their actions. This leadership style is effective in the chain of command work structure. To me this is a productive way to get work done.
• Servant Leadership: Extreme dedication to the service of others before themselves. It is effective because leaders embody the characteristics of empathy and acceptance, a sense of community and a calling to serve others.
What combination of leadership style, role, and trait would be best for the following business situations?
1) A company with routine and unskilled job functions.
Autocratic Leadership: Due to lower-level skills job, focus is on greater productivity under leader’s supervision.
2) A company with dangerous job functions (toxic waste handling or heavy equipment operation).
Bureaucratic leadership: Due to higher risk in work environment, leaders need to strictly adhere to the organizational rules and policies. Also, they make sure that the employees/team also strictly follows the rules and procedures.
3) A company preparing to disrupt an existing market with ground-breaking technology.
Transformational Leadership: In an environment that supports innovation, leaders can encourage creativity, adaptability and problem-solving.
4) A company preparing for an IPO.
Transformational Leadership: Employees need to adapt and change their ways of working as a listed company will have a stricter rules and compliance to adhere to, Leaders can inspire and push them to meet their goals.
- This reply was modified 9 months ago by Stefanie Ng.