Home | Forums MBA Marketing Management in the Digital Age Reply To: MBA Marketing Management in the Digital Age

• Arivalagan Mathyvanan

December 26, 2021 at 10:32 pm

Q:Consider the different means of differentiating products and services. Which ones have the most impact on your choices? Why? Can you think of certain brands that excel on a number of these different means of differentiation?

Products are manufactured to satisfy the needs and wants of consumers. They can be in the form of physical goods, services, experiences, events, persons, places, properties, organizations, information and ideas. A service is a non-material action resulting in a measurable change of state for the purchaser caused by the provider.
    Product differentiation serves as a catalyst in consumer decision in purchasing, it works a stand out of the competitors. In my opinion, as a consumer I will go after the brand on most of the occasions, for an example purchasing a laptop or desktop, is surely something which requires a lot of savvy knowledge to identify the need and usage of my current work nature, but I will definitely rely with the brand “Dell” who to me has been the go to product.
    On the other note, for product differentiation, as an example “Harley-Davidson” is a brand which is well known to almost everyone, the brand has been surviving since the Great Depression years, reason of their survival was distinctive features, community & brand culture. They are an iconic brand culture for motorcyclist enthusiast for years and the unique sound and features has been widely loved by consumers, which till date cannot be replicated and this is a good example of standout brand among the rest of the competitors.

Ariva