Home | Forums MBA Marketing Management in the Digital Age Reply To: MBA Marketing Management in the Digital Age

• Saiful Bahtiar Mat

December 12, 2021 at 9:32 am

For me, gadgets such as hand phone and tablet– I would buy after I have done a lot of research and watched videos on the pros and cons of each product and brands. Services not so much in my mind because in Malaysia we have a lot of shops that can repair all these gadgets.

However, if I were to buy electrical appliances like washing machines, aircons and refrigerators, I would go for after sales service that the shop can provide me. I have one good electrical shop owner here in Miri, who I can easily call to repair the appliances if they got broken. Furthermore, I can sell my broken electrical appliances to him and then buy a new one from his shop. This is the kind of service that I am looking for. Otherwise, I don’t know where to dump my broken appliances.

As excel on a number of these different means of differentiation, I would choose Lenovo because of my experience using their laptops since 2013 and the online shopping experienced that I have encountered recently via their e-commerce platform. The sales executive was really helpful in answering questions and giving her opinion when asked. I tried my luck and asked for more discount too. To my surprise, the sales executive agrees to give further discount on the touch screen laptop that I want. I mean, who would refuse a big discount right? You save more and delivery is also free. That is really value for money.