Home | Forums MBA Marketing Management in the Digital Age Reply To: MBA Marketing Management in the Digital Age

• Yaamini Renganathan

November 2, 2021 at 7:52 pm

When was the last time you participated in a survey? How helpful do you think was the information you provided? How could the research have been done differently to make it more effective? Discuss

The latest Survey that I participated was annual survey from the company which conducted by third party vendor. Purpose of this survey is to measure each employee’s satisfaction level. Based on the input company will come up with some improvement plans.

The survey was designed to be in simpler form where employees are expected to rate their satisfaction level from scale of 1-10. They also design to have free text field for employees where employee can provide their point of view / opinion based on the categories. I strongly believe this is one of our way to provide our opinion to the senior management and I’m sure some action will be taken based on our “VOICE”

How this could be done differently to make it more effective?

Instead of waiting for an annual global survey, each department or service lines need to come up with “smaller” scale survey so that they can “HEAR” from their employees better. For example, some questions may be relevant to Europe countries and it may not be relevant to us (Malaysia). Therefore, the country leaders should run another separate survey to narrow down their employee’s needs, and this should be done in a very systematic way. Survey should have remained anonymous to protect the employee’s welfare. This will encourage each employee to provide their genuine views. Management needs to gain employees trust to get genuine view from them and this need to be a continuous action rather than having it as an annual activities.