Home | Forums MBA Strategic Human Resource Management Discussion Forum Reply To: MBA Strategic Human Resource Management Discussion Forum

• Raj Anand A/L Gobi

November 1, 2021 at 4:37 pm

Previously worked for company X under the service desk environment. For second level support role, I noticed during the interview they tend to focus on giving technical test and mock calls during the first round of hiring interview itself. As what I can see it gives them a better perspective for the company to evaluate their candidate’s technical competency and soft skills. I would say it is a smart way for them to determine whether the candidate is up to the expectation and will be right fit to the role. It is ideal approach for the company to save themself from the headache of making the wrong decision later part. They have been consistent in hiring prospective important candidates to their team. On the other hand, the same company had been inconsistent in paying enough attention to employees’ performance to notice the contribution. Employee engagement level have been very poor. It is either the failure of their culture or they are not aware on how to recognise employee contributions. Ideally, the main purpose of employee recognition in a company is to optimize certain practices, or activities that result in better performance and positive business results. Despite having good talents with them they overlooked to motivate their employees to push extra mile.