Home | Forums MBA Strategic Human Resource Management Discussion Forum Reply To: MBA Strategic Human Resource Management Discussion Forum

• Ida Farisha Binti Meor Alim Shah Shah

November 1, 2021 at 7:29 am

At my current workplace, everyone in the organization have to embody the following 5 principles – Deliver, Collaborate, Community, Care and Do. I would say each of the above values cover all of the HRM practices that we have learnt in the past class. For example, in the “Community” value – we need to build a sustainable company that can support the community and the Training and Development HRM practice falls within this value where the company strengthen employee’s skill set or provide training to re-skill based on the upcoming projects in the pipeline. Other HRM practice that falls under the “Care” value is the Labor and Employee relations. In Q1, the company has conducted an employee satisfaction surveys and with the output received, each organization’s tower has came up with a game plan on how to address employee’s top issues.

One example that I feel is inconsistent in execution is the Labor and Employee Relations which still falls under the “Care” value. Few of my colleagues had to work everyday including weekends and sometimes with extended working hours, just to satisfy the client’s business need. But even when the issue is raised to the manager and top manager, no action can be taken. This is due to the project’s budget does not allow additional resources to cover the gap. When talking about “Collaborate” value the intention is to work as a team locally and globally. When a project comes into the pipeline, each Delivery Center will submit their bid as part of the “Recruitment and Selection” practice. But from what I can see so far, Malaysia Center always loses to India Center – which is due to cost of resources. Hence the employees in Malaysia had to either re-skill or being “benched” which if to long, might lead to retrenchment.