Home | Forums MBA Marketing Management in the Digital Age Reply To: MBA Marketing Management in the Digital Age

• Arivalagan Mathyvanan

October 29, 2021 at 12:20 am

What brands and products do you feel successfully “speak to you” and effectively target your age group? Why? Which ones do not? What could they do better?

Being a millennial & living in this techno-digital lifestyle, I would choose the brand “Dell” that is very close to me and to me I would blindly choose “Dell” products over any products in market. Many of us are often in the assumption when it comes to Dell its a computer/laptop generating company in the market, however Dell made the absurd mark on the market with their approach of delivering customer specification of PC configuration , the direct sales model and “build-to-order” was the reason of the brand moving forward in early 2000s.

In a nutshell, their strategy to ensure the supply chain of the company is working as intended and with their Just In Time strategy to distribute products at best price were driving the major sales in e-commerce end. They ventured into services market soon after by acquiring companies to move forward in not only providing hardware but also to provide a complete solution based on the needs of customers – that is due to the high competition from other competitors due ventures in the smartphones market.

The audience of Dell users varies from tech-savvy youngsters till executive adults who wants to have a “hold” on their working life.

Reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dell

–Ariva