Home | Forums MBA Marketing Management in the Digital Age Reply To: MBA Marketing Management in the Digital Age

• Jessy Ng

October 28, 2021 at 6:09 pm

Online streaming entertainment has sink-in to our everyday lives in the past 10 years, and now, with the pandemic happening, where everyone spends a lot of their time at home, online streaming entertainment is now a norm, at least for me. In this context, the brand that I feel speaks to me the most is Netflix. Mainly because of they customize different marketing strategy for different new contents, and many of them being original. More importantly, as a brand that constantly communicates to the audience and provides personalized content and settings, Netflix gives us option to skip intro too!🤩From here we might be able to see, the catch to effective marketing targeting me, or generally, my age group, would most probably be “Originality” and “reach out to your target audience”.

However the brand in the same industry, possibly equally good, but did not “speak to me”, is Amazon Prime. Amazon might have a lot more movie options compared to Netflix, but many of them are pretty much backdated oldies. Like Netflix, Amazon has some original shows or series too, but their content marketing surely did not reach me, or came anywhere near visible. Although Amazon claims that their marketing focuses on the content they offer, they do not seem to reach out far enough to know what their target audience wants.