Welcome to this course! By signing up you have registered your interest in a specialist area that has been growing around the world. You will be introduced to new concepts and principles and most importantly, figure out how to apply them in real life scenarios.
Your course instructor
This course is provided by the University of Cyberjaya in partnership with Dataraxis and the MALAYSIAN INDIAN TRANSFORMATION UNIT (MITRA). It will be delivered primarily by Mr. Darmain Segaran, Principal Consultant at Dataraxis. Darmain has over a decade of legal practice experience in litigation and commercial advisory practice. He currently specialises in data governance and privacy especially in the context of emerging technologies. Through Dataraxis, a data privacy consultancy, he provides training and advises clients on data privacy framework development, privacy policies, risk mitigation and data breach incident management from both a regulatory and preventive action perspective. As an adjunct lecturer at HELP University’s faculty of law, he carries out research in this field and provides skills based training on topics such as legal ethics and legal technology.
1. Purpose of the program
The program is aimed at providing an opportunity for Malaysian Indian youth to enhance their skill and knowledge in the field of Data Privacy and Ethics. It is anticipated that the programme will enhance the capability of Malaysian Indian community in addressing the challenges and opportunities brought upon by the Industry 4.0 revolution. The programme is organized and coordinated by the Faculty of Business & Technology, University of Cyberjaya. The programme is funded by the Malaysian Indian Transformation Unit of the Ministry of National Unity (MITRA).
2. Structure of the Programme
The programme has two components, namely training and internship.
- Participants will undergo 11 weeks of training provided by specialists in the field of Data Privacy and Ethics.
- The training will be conducted every Saturday and Sunday, consecutively, unless notified otherwise
- The programme will commence on 8th August 2020 (refer to Appendix A for a detailed schedule)
- The training will be conducted via face to face in designated classrooms and labs
- The training will be conducted at University of Cyberjaya, Persiaran Bestari, Cyber 11, 63000 Cyberjaya Selangor.
- Each class will be conducted from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm
- You will be given an allowance of RM500.00 upon completing the 22 sessions
- You will be given free meals throughout the 22 sessions
- The internship will start upon completion of the 22 training sessions
- You will be provided an opportunity to take part in the Internship in selected organisations
- The internship will run for a period of ONE (1) month.
- You will be paid an allowance of RM500 upon completion of internship.
3. Cost of the Program
Free of charges
4. Your responsibility as a participant
- To attend the training and internship programme as per the given schedule.
- To fulfill all learning requirements of the programme.
- To familiarize with the programme handbook.
- To communicate with the organizing team on any extenuating matters which your attendance and others.
- To be proactive in obtaining guidance and advice from the trainers and the organizing.
- team when faced with any form of predicaments.
- To be fully accountable for all the repercussions of non-compliance towards the stipulated regulations and procedures
- To adhere to all Standard Operating Procedures (S.O.P.s) set forth by the University in lieu of the COVID-19 phenomenon.
5. The Trainer
Darmain Segaran (Principal Trainer)
Barrister at Law; Bachelor of Law; Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM); Ethics in Law and Data Analytics; Data Science Ethics
6. Contact Information
Prof Dr. Mudiarasan Kuppusamy
Tel: 017-315 0505
Email: [email protected]ya.edu.my
Email: [email protected]