About AMU ODL
The AMU MBA ODL programme is in line with the vision and mission of the University to be a global leader in producing competent and dynamic professionals especially in managing the informational impact of Industry 4.0 whereby human capital will be confronted with transformed work processes and business models as well as with new technologies. Students gain knowledge that can be applied in real contexts to benefit society. This is the University’s contribution to the national human capital development. As the targeted students for this programme will be working adults, the programme will empower them for career advancement. This AMU MBA ODL programme can be raised as an alternative way for making education accessible and for providing scope for outcome -based education at a minimum cost. In fact, ODL, in particular, can play a significant role in transforming and empowering the vibrant adult population locally and globally into productive human resources by providing need-based knowledge and equipping them with need-based skills, which are necessary to stay relevant and competitive in the challenging business environment. AMU MBA ODL could be a most viable option to mobilise the higher education system in Malaysia.
Programme Aim (PA)
The programme aims to provide students with advanced knowledge and skills in analytical and critical thinking, leadership, entrepreneurial, professionalism and creativity within their specific areas of Business Studies. This programme would also enable them to lead effectively, innovatively and ethically, leveraging on lifelong learning and contributing to industry 4.0 development.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
Within few years upon successfully completing the program, our graduates are/will be:
1. Managerial leaders who critically evaluate and apply the theories and concepts of business management providing solutions for decision making in the digital business environments.
2. Managerial leaders who adhere to legal, ethical and professional practices and display managerial and leadership qualities through communicating and working effectively in the digital business environments.
3. Managerial leaders who generate solutions to business problems using scientific and digital tools and practice lifelong learning in their academic and career development
4. Managerial leaders who create new product and business opportunities in digital business environments.
Programme Learning Outcomes (PLO)
At the end of the programme, students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate knowledge of business management to improve business environments.
2. Employ analytical techniques to solve complex problems in business environments.
3. Apply digital and numeracy skills in managing emerging digital business environments.
4. Perform leadership and essential communication skills with various business stakeholders.
5. Evaluate the entrepreneurial skills and competencies required to enhance the business transformation.
6. Apply the responsibilities as a business leader with strong interpersonal and social skills to deal with various stakeholders to enhance the digital business transformation.
7. Demonstrate the ability to search for and use data/information in business decision making.
8. Display ethical behavior, responsibilities and professionalism in carrying out duties and making decision to enhance the digital business transformation.
Introduction to eVarsity – Live
Student Portal Access
Student Counselling – Make an Appointment
Teams of knowledgeable and experienced full-time education student counselors are engaged to guide students on their future career paths. Counselors will guide the students to overcome academic, personal, stress and manage time efficiently, self-motivated, improve self-esteem and any other related issues.
Confidentiality and codes of ethics are observed at all times. Also, counsellors will conduct personality tests such as Self-Directed Search, Inventory Personality Sidek (IPS), Junior Essence Personality Inventory (JEPI), Inventori Personality Warna, etc. to enable students to have a better understanding of their strengths and weaknesses.
- Lead students in handling challenges and crises through individual counselling, group counselling and psychological assessment
- Guide students towards positive behaviours
- Conduct training and workshops on leadership and time management
- Strengthen and enrich learning and communication skills to enhance proactive characters
- Execute graduate preparatory programmes and workshops to prepare fresh graduates
- Facilitate formation of groups for peer guidance, unity, and care
The Student Development Unit is responsible for the student‟s development through various soft skill programmes. The unit primary focus is to enhance the student‟s professional progress and competence, communication, innovative, personal grooming, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- To provide opportunities for personal and group development, experiential learning, and practical application that complement the broader academic mission
- To engage participation and involvement in workshops
- To foster team spirit among members of clubs and associations
- To cultivate corporate social responsibility and community service
- To develop soft skills, such as communication, time management, etc. to boost their self-confidence
- To empower young people to create positive attitudes and change through various workshops
Soft Skill, Communication and Leadership Development Programmes
- Student Representative Council General Election
- Leader Leadership Camp
- AMU Co-Curriculum Day (Registration for New Members)
- White Coat Ceremony
- Toastmaster activities
- Peer Support Programme
- AMU Merdeka Celebration
- Success Explorace game
- PDRM Talk: Awareness of Sexual Harassment
- AMU Community Service during Movement Control Order (MCO)
- CSR Medical Screening 2019
- Appreciation for Nurses in Conjunction with World Nurses Day
- AMU Grand Ifthar with Orphanage and Tahfiz students
- Relay for Life
- Yayasan Sukarelawan Siswa- Asean student volunteer mission to Sarawak
- Edulife at UITM Pasir Gudang
Academic Motivational Programmes
- Awareness talk- (Tuberculosis)
- Career Talk
- Career Pill- Interview Clinic
- Mentor-Mentee system
- Ponggal Celebration & “Kollam” Competition
- AMU Chinese New Year Celebration
- Majlis Sambutan Maulidur Rasul
- Indian New Year Celebration
- Ramadhan Activity (Tadarus Al-Quran, Tarawih Prayer, Hajat Prayer & Tazkirah Ramadhan)
- Ramadhan Cultural Festival AMU “Together We Unite with The Holy Spirit of Ramadhan Al- Mubaarak”
- Lantern Pilgrimage
- Hari Raya Celebration
- Deepavali Celebration
- Study Circle “Usrah‟
How To Use Turnitin
Turnitin is an originality checking and plagiarism prevention service that checks your writing for citation mistakes or inappropriate copying. When you submit your paper, Turnitin compares it to text in its massive database of student work, websites, books, articles, etc.
How to Apply PTPTN
Please fill up the form and a representative from University will get you in touch